6 Types of Social Media Ads for Your BusinessHere are 6 types of social media ads that you can choose from, for your next advertising campaign.
1. Image AdsThese are perhaps the most common types of social media ads. Almost every social media platform supports image ads. You’ll find them on news feeds, sidebars, and banners. They’re most powerful on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest, where images are the prevalent form of content. Image ads immediately grab the audience’s attention, which makes them great for creating awareness about your brand or a product. You can include a link to a specific page on your website on the ad or a call-to-action like “Shop Now”. To get the most out of these types of social media ads:
- Use high-quality images
- Keep text on the image to a minimum
- Try to match the style of the content found in your posts, as it helps the audience associate the ad with your business faster
2. Video AdsVideo is a powerful marketing tool. A study by Wyzowl shows it’s used by 86% of businesses. The same study shows that people watch an average of 19 hours of video content every week. This makes video ads one of the most effective types of social media ads. Every major social media platform supports video ads. They are visually captivating, which makes them particularly effective in gaining the attention of your target audience. Apart from this, with the right SEO tactics, your video ads can also rank in the search engine results, leading to greater engagement and views. Here is an example of an in-feed video ad on Facebook. Image via Facebook
Social Media Video Specs GuideFor Image ads, it’s important to get the dimensions of the videos you publish right. It’ll provide a more pleasant viewing experience for your audience, which maximizes the total views, reach, and engagement. An in-feed Facebook video ad, for instance, should have a resolution of 1080×1080 and an aspect ratio that’s between 9:16 to 16:9. For Instagram, you can use:
- 16:9 with your landscape video ads
- 1:1 with square video ads
- 4:5 with vertical videos
- A landscape video should have minimum dimensions of 640 x 360 and a maximum of 1920 x 1080. The aspect ratio should be 16:9.
- Square videos should be a minimum of 360 x 360 and a maximum of 1920 x 1920 with an aspect ratio of 1:1.
- Vertical video ads should be a minimum of 360 x 640, a maximum of 1080 x 1920, and an aspect ratio of 9:16.
- Most mobile users watch videos on social media with sound off.
- When a user has enabled auto-play, most videos will autoplay with the sound off.
3. Carousel AdsCarouselsocial media ads let you show multiple marketing videos and/or images in one ad. Each video or image can have a headline, description, link, and CTA. These types of social media ads are most popular on Facebook and Instagram. You can use carousel ads to advertise real estate, show different features of a product, tell a brand story, show behind-the-scenes shots, or any other product or promotion that fits. Here is an example of a carousel ad showcasing the different services a school provides. Facebook even supports an optimization feature where your best-performing carousels are displayed first. But if the cards have to follow a sequence to tell a story, opt out of this feature. To use these types of social media ads effectively, ensure the images or ads you use in your carousel are visually similar to maintain consistency. Tie your images or videos to a landing page to generate leads.
4. Stories AdsStory ads are supported on Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook. These allow you to advertise your products or services in between users’ Stories. Here’s an example. Image via Facebook The short duration of Stories makes these types of social media ads ideal for time-sensitive promotions. Stories have higher visibility as they are at the top of users’ feeds, which makes them great for building awareness. An Instagram and Facebook Stories ad can be:
- A video that plays for 15 seconds
- A photo that plays for 5 seconds
- A carousel that plays separate content, such as an image and video, within one ad
5. Message AdsWhile most types of social media ads appear in a user’s news feed or Stories, Facebook Messenger ads and LinkedIn Sponsored InMail appear as a message. Facebook Messenger ads appear in a user’s Chats tab in between their conversations. Here’s how that looks. Interested users can tap on the ad and carry out an automated conversation with your brand. Or the message can redirect them to your product or service pages.
6. Collection AdsCollection ads are among the best types of social media ads. These ads include a cover photo or video, followed by smaller product images that show the details of your products’ or services’ pricing and features. It’s a form of a storefront that allows your target audience to buy your products without leaving the social media platform. These ads nurture the users’ interest in your brand. These types of social media ads are highly effective on Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat. You can link each image to a separate URL. Here is an illustration of how a collection ad appears on Instagram. Ensure your collection ad provides an immersive and rich visual experience. To know which types of ads are most suitable for your business, you need to generate social media reporting and hone in for better results.
Ready to Try Different Types of Social Media Ads?Of course, not all 6 types of social media ads will be suitable for your business. Research your audience and choose the ones that you think will resonate with them. Measure the performance of the ads to figure out the type that helps you meet your campaign objective and don’t be afraid to experiment.
As a reputed Software Solutions Developer we have expertise in providing dedicated remote and outsourced technical resources for software services at very nominal cost. Besides experts in Digital Marketing We also build web solutions, mobile apps and work on system integration, performance enhancement, cloud migrations and big data analytics. Don’t hesitate to Get in touch with us!