Table Of Contents
- Google Lens Makes Searching Effortless
- How Google Lens Works
- How to Optimize Your Ecommerce Website for Google Lens
- Optimize for Pinterest Lens Too!
- SEO Trends for Ecommerce Success in 2022
- Don’t Leave Site Optimization to Chance in 2022
In past as voice assistants like Alexa, Siri etc has shifted keywords and keyword research to full questions, the same way visual image-based search options are impacting search results also.
Google Lens, and Pinterest Lens are based on are using real-world visual search options and are using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), to improve a user experience.They also take a target audience straight to the source for final purchase.
Google Lens Makes Searching Effortless
Google Lens by Google is to compete with Amazon, eBay, and Walmart that make google as your go-to ecommerce website.
Google uses highly refined search intent algorithms to deliver options for Google searches. Google Lens based on Advanced AI, AR and Machine Learning further refined these options to provide better search results.
These changes have also impacted implementation of SEO practices to ensure success.
How Google Lens Works
Google Lens is embedded for Android phones and there’s a camera on the search line for iPhones. In laptops and computers, you can right-click in Chrome and select ‘Search images with Google Lens.
Google Lens gives following options:
- Translate —helps in language recognition and translating text from whatever you aim at i.e., a sign, a menu, or a book or computer screen.
- Search —gives similar results like you had typed it in. It also shares relevant facts and ideas related to the item i.e., a search based on visual image of dog or a tree will identify the breed of dog or type of plant.
- Homework —help you to get a Steps-to-Solve guide for even mathematical equations and science problems.
- Text —copy text from any source, a book, a computer screen, a billboard, an image, and send it instantly to computer’s clipboard ready to be pasted into a document, email, or spreadsheet
- Dining —can help you to get the recipes to make the dish and restaurants to find the meal.
- Shopping —Help you to get the complete comprehensive detail of the item or the similar items with prices, discount and comparison with purchasing options.
- and related style tips, ideas and buying opportunities with discounts and price comparisons.
Google Lens has completely eliminated the need to get right description to get the right search results e.g., an image instead of typing lengthy description of writing “black leather pumps with a 4-inch heel’ will generate better results.
How to Optimize Your Ecommerce Website for Google Lens
With all that power to instantly find your products, it’s important that your product images must show up in Google Shopping.
An account in Google Merchant Centre helps you in creating free product listings. These products will appear in Google’s search results and can be linked directly to your checkout process also.
To ensure your products images, show up on Google Shopping
Use product Images with:
- good context and relevant text
- fast loading, highly optimized, high quality and high-resolution.
- relevant keywords or phrases.
- Include EXIF data i.e., date and time of photo, camera used etc. (It helps in improving relevance ranking).
- Use video compression to improve performance.
On website Ensure
- A greater user experience
- Mobile friendly responsive website.
- Maximum accessibility to product information.
- Page title tag and meta description as per Google’s guidelines.
- Add structured data markup
It improves page indexing, provide rich results highlighted on SERPs.
Optimize for Pinterest Lens Too!
Like Google Lens, Pinterest with 460 million active monthly users has also launched their ‘visual discovery technology’.
Getting started on Pinterest Lens is easy It needs a Pinterest business account, joining the Verified Merchant Program and listing products onto Pinterest using ‘Catalogs’ feature.
Image optimization on Pinterset Lens is very much similar to Google Lens i.e., Add Alt Image Text, high quality image with faster loading speed and include EXIF information if possible.
SEO Trends for Ecommerce Success in 2022
People now seldom find your site directly by typing information. Today, majority of searches are voice searches or image searches on mobile (over 64% in 2022) It means direct search channels like Google Lens and Pinterest Lens are more crucial now. Your every product image upload on internet is an opportunity for people to capture your product information by Google Lens.
Don’t Leave Site Optimization to Chance in 2022
Every product image upload is an opportunity to fine tune your SEO strategy enhance search ranking for your ecommerce business That’s where your potential customers will find you.
Whizzystack offer extensive SEO strategy and implementation experience for ecommerce businesses. Our industry-leading SEO team has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of SEO best practices, as well as innovation-forward digital marketing, and design and development of websites.
Contact Whizzystack to learn more about our SEO solutions